The George Williams Career Development Office available through students' academic advisor assists students in developing career goals and laying out a path for achieving these goals. We offer opportunities for students to examine their personal interests, aptitudes, values, decision-making skills, academic plan, and career awareness. This personal, educational, and occupational information will then be organized and translated into an individual course of action to help students in planning for their transition from a GWC student to that of a professional.
In addition to the development of career goals, the Career Development Office provides students with:
- Developing job search strategies;
- Acquiring interviewing skills;
- Communicating and networking professionally;
- Writing successful résumés;
- Tailoring cover letters to specific job announcements; and
- Composing effective thank-you notes.