Who We Are
Susan Lausier Director
Jarrett Neal Assistant Director; Writing
Cathy Comeford Administrative Assistant
Pat Aloisio Proctor
Mary Buettner Math and Writing
Vivian Christiano Writing
Katie Driscoll Writing; ELL
Linda Hess Math
Adam Huenecke Writing
Nancy Jung Math and Science
Sandy Marchetti Writing
Andre Meeks Writing
Chris Paar Math
Dennis Smoot Math
What We Do
The Center for Teaching & Learning staff seeks to enable students to develop their abilities, meet academic requirements, access campus resources, and develop new approaches to their academic success. The CTL serves all students, at all levels, in every discipline.
What We Offer
- Professional one-on-one tutoring across the curriculum.
- Professional small group tutoring as requested by professors for their classes or by students.
- Peer tutoring in a variety of subjects.
- Writing seminars and presentations on citation styles and research skills.
- Skill development in note taking, time management, test taking, and reading.
- Individual academic support for students referred to the CTL by the Academic Standards Committee, coaches, advisors, or other staff and faculty members.
- Test proctoring.
How the CTL Works With You
- All services are FREE to AU students.
- Our professional tutors have graduate degrees; most have taught college courses including courses at AU.
- The tutoring we provide is a form of teaching: we provide supportive, patient, personal, and effective tutoring to enable students to build their own abilities, skills, and confidence.
- The CTL is not a remedial center; we work with many of the best students as well as those students who are struggling and trying to improve.
Chat with a Tutor
Center for Teaching & Learning
First floor of Phillips Library
Monday thru Thursday 8am-8pm