The Learning Commons Operation and Writing Assistance Hours
The Learning Commons is open:
Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
|Monday||9-noon.; 1:30-5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10-noon; 3:30-5 p.m.|
|Thursday||9-noon.; 1:30-5 p.m.|
|Friday||9-10 a.m.; 1:30-5 p.m|
|and by appointment|
Introduction to Writing Assistance in The Learning Commons
Strong writing abilities are essential to any field. George Williams College professional writing coaches work one-on-one with students who are in all stages of the writing process: from brainstorming to drafting to the final stages of revision encouraging decisions on style, voice, audience, and purpose. Through working with consultants, you can become a more effective, confident writer.
- Through working with a writing consultant, students will:
- Gain techniques for better comprehension of the goals of writing assignments
- Develop strategies to determine topics, plan papers, and organize draft
- Learn how to express ideas clearly and utilize correct grammar and punctuation
- Discover how to use language to successfully persuade an audience
- Learn how to proofread and edit effectively
- Use outside sources effectively and document them correctly, using APA and MLA styles