To locate items in either Phillips Library or Scott Library, begin on the search page and choose Books & Media from the dropdown menu.
Materials at the Phillips Library can be requested by any AU student, faculty or alumni and sent to either Phillips Library or Scott Library by following these steps:
1. Locate the item(s) you wish to borrow by searching in the library catalog on the Search page.
2. Use the Get It feature to place a request. Be sure to select your preferred pick-up location as either Phillips or Scott Library.
3. Wait for an email from the library, letting you know your item is ready for pick-up. (Please allow at least 2-3 business days' transit time.)
4. Pick-up the item at the location you selected.
5. Return the item to either the Phillips Library or the Scott Library.
Materials held at the Scott Library can be requested by sending an email to Phillips Library Access Services at firstname.lastname@example.org from your AU email address.
Provide item information needed to fill your request (you may request more than one item in a single email): Title, Author, and Date of Publication. Other information, such as the item's call number or permalink, may also be helpful. Please also include your first name and last name and ID number.
IMPORTANT: State which library/campus you want for pick-up, so the item will be sent to the correct location.
Aurora University belongs to a consortium of over 90 academic libraries in Illinois called I-Share. In addition, we have access to the Tipasa interlibrary loan system which connects us to hundreds of libraries across the country.
Learn how to use I-Share and Tipasa with the Phillips Library Tutorials.
All current AU students, faculty, and staff can access their accounts here:
Interlibrary loan services (ILL) are available to current students, faculty, staff and emeritus faculty. Phillips Library ILL services are governed by:
Patrons will be notified if a specific request contains copyright restrictions that may prevent it from being obtained through ILL or if a request exceeds the fee limit. Patrons may have the option to purchase articles that are not fully covered by Phillips Library.
Exceptions to this rule are extended to faculty and doctoral students only. Please consult with your library liaison for more details on how to obtain articles.