Searching for information is a process.
1. Define your question or topic
2. Identify the type of information you need on that topic
Does it need to be peer-reviewed? From the last five years? Related to a certain field?
3. Brainstorm keywords and search terms
4. Decide where to search
Online? In Spartan Search? In a subject specific database?
5. Search and then adjust your search based on results
Look at abstracts to get a sense of whether a source will fit your needs without having to read the whole thing!
7. Save your finds by downloading a copy, saving the permalink, or emailing it to yourself